- Sinuses consist of four pairs of hollow cavities located in the cheekbones, forehead, between the eyes and behind the nasal cavity. Except for a thin layer of mucus, healthy sinuses are empty, but when inflamed, they over-produce mucus that drains into the nose.
- Olor – Organics, Sinus Balm, a multi-purpose ointment containing camphor, menthol, clove and eucalyptus oils, soy wax, has been used in Asia for centuries, and many of its ingredients are also found in brand-name decongestants. One reputable study concluded that Natural Sinus Balm relieved the pain from sinus headaches even faster than acetaminophen.
- Heat water and pour into a bowl.
- Put a dab of Olor Sinus Balm under each nostril just above the lip, not inside. Sinus congestion may be caused by allergies, viruses and bacterial infection but increasing blood flow causes the nasal passages to open, allowing excess mucus to drain. The anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties of some of the Balm’s ingredients also help neutralize infectious agents.
- Drape a towel over your head.
- Close your eyes and position your face over the basin.
- Inhale through nose and breathe out through mouth.
- Gently rub the balm between your hands and inhale, rub behind the ears and down the gland area on neck and on temples to soothe congestion.
- Please do not rub in the vicinity of the eyes or around the eye cavities.
Decongestion aid for sinus and headaches , helps to breath easier